LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
Word of God
Key Verse: 1 Timothy 4:7 – “Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.”
1. What is the main thing you got from Sunday’s message? ____________________________________________________
2. Pastor Bo talked about hearing the Word of God as an important discipline. Is hearing a passive or active discipline? What are the benefits? ____________________________________________________________________________________________
3. It’s a statistic that 23% (or higher) of professing, Bible-believing Christians never actually read their Bibles. Jesus prefaced many answers to questions He received with, “Have you not read?” What is the most difficult thing for you personally when it comes to reading the Word of God? Take time to practically discuss solutions.
4. Are you faithful with a good Bible reading program? Explain/discuss with your group.
5. Pastor Bo compared studying the Word of God to cruising a lake in a glass- bottomed boat. What does studying the Word of God mean to you? Share an example of how you’ve done this recently.
6. Re-read Joshua 1:8, and Psalm 119:98-99. How will you choose to meditate on His Word in the weeks ahead?